Documents & Links
- Erosion and Sediment Control Rules and Fee Schedule (PDF). For more information email Jack Fisher or call 440-328-5808.
- Comprehensive Storm Water Management Program and fee schedule (PDF). For more information email Peter Zwick or call 440-329-5586.
- County Engineer's Road Side Ditch Policy (PDF)
- Resource for construction of a pond through NRCS (Natural Resources Conservation Service). For more information please call 440-326-5800.
- Inspection and Maintenance Agreement (DOC) - Form of Agreement to be used for subdivisions and projects requiring compliance with Lorain County Comprehensive Storm Water Management Regulations.
- Inspection and Management Agreement - Storm Water Control Management operations and maintenance manual from OEPA. Provides information on control measures, maintenance recommendations and inspection checklists for variety of Storm Water Control Measures.
- Construction Storm Water Permits for Agricultural Activities (PDF) - Ohio EPA Fact Sheet on Storm Water Construction Permits for Agricultural Activities. Not all activities on, or for the benefit of, Agricultural Lands and Farms require permits, but some construction does. The link takes you to a fact sheet published by Ohio EPA to provide guidance on what and when you would need to contact Lorain County Soil and Water Conservation District and/or the County Engineer's Office for permits and plan review.
- Small Construction Site Permit Fact Sheet
- Uniform Standards for Sewerage Improvements & Uniform Standard Sewer Details
- Maintaining Stormwater Control Measures
- Lorain County Commissioners - The Commissioners are seen as the leaders of county government, and take a broad view when it comes to making public policy and budget decisions.
- Lorain County Administrator - The Administrator is the Chief Executive Official of Lorain County. He coordinates and oversees the activities of several departments under the control of the Commissioners.
- Lorain County Community Development - The Community Development Department serves county residents through community development initiatives by striving to improve quality of life; to foster smart growth; to promote economic vitality; to encourage development/redevelopment and to provide tools to community leaders for management and making policy decisions.
- Lorain County Engineer - The County Engineer participates in county and regional planning commissions. In unincorporated areas, the Engineer may also be involved in the establishment and maintenance of petitioned and assessed ditches, sidewalks and even county airports. In some cases, the County Engineer also serves as the County Sanitary Engineer, supervising construction of sewer and water lines.
- Lorain County Metro Parks - The Park District strives to preserve the diversity of the county's natural ecosystems, while providing educational and recreational opportunities that encourage conservation of our local resources.
- Black River Watershed - Their goal was to advance watershed management in Ohio by fostering a new type of natural resources professional whose job it is to focus and magnify the energies and resources of many to solve difficult water resource issues on a watershed basis.
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency - The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency is a state agency whose goal is to protect the environment and public health by ensuring compliance with environmental laws.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - The United States Environmental Protection Agency leads the nation's environmental science, research, education and assessment efforts. The mission of the Environmental Protection Agency is to protect human health and the environment.
- Ohio Revised Code - The Ohio Revised Code contains all acts passed by the Ohio General Assembly and signed by the governor, and includes all legislation filed with the Secretary of State's office.
- Lorain County PIPE - The Lorain County Public Information and Public Education (LCPIPE) work group is a county consortium of conservation organizations and local government agencies in Lorain County that share similar visions, missions and values.