- Solid Waste Management District
- Keep Lorain County Beautiful
- Lorain County Beautiful Day 2023
- Lorain County Beautiful Day 2022
Lorain County Beautiful Day 2022
A big Thank You to all who participated in Lorain County Beautiful Day! This year’s event was held on Saturday, May 21st, 2022. This is a county-wide event that brings together volunteers for a day of litter cleanup, planting and beautification projects.
Thank You for making a difference in your community and your commitment to help keep Lorain County Clean, Green and Beautiful!
- 1,653 volunteers
- 22 Communities and Lorain County Metro Parks
This includes numerous non-profit organizations, community leaders, scout troops and businesses.
- 536 bags of litter collected (in 30 gallon bags)
- 22.43 tons of trash collected by Republic Waste for LCBD weekend cleanup
- 70 miles of roadways were cleaned
- 224 acers of parks were cleaned
- 4.95 miles of bike / nature trails cleaned
- 32 playgrounds cleaned
- 2.35 miles of waterways cleaned
- 4 Community Buildings & Homes Painted/Renovated
- 11 bags of plastic bottles collected and recycled
- 15 bags of aluminum cans collected and recycled
- 71 tires collected for recycling (that's over 1,900 lbs. of tires)
- 231 gardens or green spaces planted
- 35 Edible gardens planted
- 50 treens plantd
- 495 flats of flowers planted
- 289 baskets of flowers hung
- 110 seedlings/shrubs planted
11 communities reported in-kind donations totaling $14,216.81
City of Amherst, Avon, Avon Lake, Carlisle Township, Elyria, Grafton Township, Grafton Village, Huntington Township, Kipton Village, City of Lorain, New Russia Township, North Ridgeville, Oberlin, Penfield Township, Pittsfield Township, Rochester Township, Sheffield Lake, Sheffield Village, South Amherst Village, Vermilion, Wellington Township, Wellington Village, Lorain County Metro Parks, Second Harvest Food Bank and OSU Extension Office.
For a complete list of Lorain County Beautiful Day (Pride Day) activities from last year’s event view the Community Activities 2021 (PDF).