- Travel Tips
Passenger Code of Conduct
- Pay the required fare for all trips.
- Allow room for boarding; keep aisles clear.
- Take only one seat; use available seatbelts.
- Use earphones with audio devices; speak softly on phones.
- No weapons or combustible substances are allowed.
- Refrain from offensive behavior or language.
- Be considerate to fellow passengers.
- Follow all posted safety and restriction signage.
- Put trash in the nearest trash receptacles before boarding.
- Eating and drinking aboard Lorain County Transit (LCT) vehicles is prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited.
Misconduct on any Ohio transit system is a crime per Ohio Revised Code, Sections 2917.41 and 2917.11.
Suggested Travel Advice
- For your safety please hold onto seat handles or railing while the bus is moving.
- For your safety, please use your seat belt.
- Follow LCT driver instructions; drivers are authorized to deny service for fare abuse, misbehavior or safety reasons.
- Except for certified disability aid animals accompanying a passenger, all animals must be kept in appropriate containers with absorbent material on the carrier floor.
How to Use the LCT Bus System
We recommend that you be waiting for your bus at least five minutes early so that you do not miss it. To catch the bus you must be on the same side of the street as the bus is traveling. (Traffic does not stop for public transportation as it does for school buses). YOU MUST be standing by a LCT bus stop sign. Wait until the bus has come to a complete stop before walking toward it.
System Map & Time Schedule
The map shows LCT's bus routes. It also shows major activity centers throughout the County. To read LCT schedules, read from left to right for time options to catch the bus. Read from top to bottom to see what time the bus will be at a given point. If you will be between two points on the schedule, look when the bus leaves one point and when it will arrive at another. This will give you an approximate time when the bus will be coming. If you cannot determine how to plan your trip using this map, please call one of our friendly and helpful Customer Service Representatives at 440-329-5525 or 440-365-0224.
Additional schedules are available on buses and in front lobby of the Lorain County Commissioners Office.
The map/time schedules can be made available, upon request, in alternative formats, such as audio-tape or computer disk. Requests can be made by calling the LCT Administrative Office.
Your LCT Bus
Each LCT bus displays its route number on a destination sign located above the windshield. If you are unsure if the bus serves your destination, feel free to ask the driver, they are very helpful!
Boarding the LCT Bus
Wait for passengers to exit before attempting to enter the bus. Inform the driver if you will be transferring to another bus, and move toward the rear of the bus. Note that seats in the front of the bus are reserved for seniors citizens and persons with disabilities - please be considerate and offer these seats to passengers who may need them. Children under twelve years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Riders may be required to show identification (i.e., Medicare Card or Fare Deal Card) to qualify for the discounted fare program.
Getting off the LCT Bus
When you are one block away from your stop, pull the overhead bell cord. If you don't know which stop is the one closest to your destination, ask the bus driver for help. The driver will let you off at the next available bus stop. When de-boarding, please watch your step - especially when it is wet or icy outside!
LCT Safe Haven Program
If you feel that you are at risk or are in imminent danger, just board a LCT bus. The driver will summon emergency services using his or her two-way radio.
Lost & Found
Call 800-406-7541 or 440-365-0224, items found on the bus or on LCT property will be kept for 30 days, after which they will be discarded or donated to a local charity.
Service is not provided on the following holidays:
- New Year's Eve
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- President's Days
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day